Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Does that make me crazy?

Way back on March 5, 2012 I started this blog. And here is why:

http://cuppofcoffee.blogspot.com/2012/03/first-time.html

~~~~

And here we are, almost 20 months later. Nothing has changed. If I were to have actually DONE something when I started this and said I would, imagine how different things could be. 

Now, OK, maybe some things have changed. Or many. But I wanted to write to make other people not feel so alone, not feel so inadequate and unwanted. I wanted to have this blog become a community of women who are friends. No perfection or judging allowed. I wanted to make a difference.

I wanted to share weight loss struggles, and debt issues, Bible verses, and dreams
I wanted to learn to cook, clean, sew, work, have children, make food from scratch, repurpose garbage into house decor. I wanted to become the Pinterest Expert. The girl who could do everything.

Instead, I've done nothing. And I've realized-

Can't I just bake chicken, scramble eggs, and make sure there is food in the house?
If mold isn't growing, can't cleaning wait until after I spend some time with my Husband? 
I can make a mean batch of boxed brownies, do I really need to make my own bread?
Do i need to make all natural home made cleaners, when I can get windex on sale?

I don't need to do it all. I just need to do what needs to be done. I don't need a picture-perfect home, and some (ok, a lot) of dog hair on the floor is FINE if the house isn't falling apart.

I've learned I don't need to coupon to save money. Therefore saving me time.
I've learned it's ok to not bake, because Kristi can bake for me.
I've learned it's ok to not sew, because I have friends who can help me.

I'm still going to Church. I still love God. I am a youth leader, and a Sunday school coordinator. I say yes way more than I should. I have way too much on my plate.

Let's add that to the list of things to work on...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment