Monday, March 5, 2012

First Time

A little rambling about why I created this blog.


I am a Christian. I’m not perfect. And I feel there is a great amount of pressure on Christian women to be perfect. Nevermind the fact that Jesus is perfection, and well, none of us are Jesus…


So anyways, I don’t have all the answers. I don’t plan on ever having all the answers. But I do hope that with God’s help, and guidance, I will be able to::


share/encourage/help others struggling daily to be a good Christian,


or struggling just to be in a relationship with God.


Here are some things about me, to stress how unqualified I am for this::


I do not read the bible every day.


I don’t even pray every day.


I do things I know I shouldn’t.


I say things I know I shouldn’t say.


However, here is why I think I AM qualified::


I love God.


I fear God.


I want to have a relationship with Him.


I want to hear His voice.


I struggle daily in growing in my faith. I have some REALLY good days, and other days are long, rough, and exhausting. I continually make the choice to strive for perfection, while TRYING to remember I cannot be perfect.


I have been following Jesus for really only 2 years now. TWO! I am still learning, still growing, and I make mistakes. I want to help out others to realize we all make mistakes, and we all try and don’t always succeed. BUT GOD LOVES US! It does not matter what other people think of us. All that matters is what is in our hearts, and how we make our Heavenly Father feel.


So I will probably be wrong more often than not. I might make some people angry, but I am PRAYERFULLY writing this. I am pouring my heart out, as honestly and frankly as possible, to hopefully help some ladies not feel so alone.


Because I feel alone. I feel unequipped, unqualified, not good enough, not pretty enough, not strong enough, not smart enough…


And I’m pretty sure that is not what God wants.


Lord, please bless each and every person who reads this, I pray this blog can be an outreach, an encouragement, to further Your plan for all of us. Please grow this blog as you see fit, help it spread Your truth and Your words, Lord. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment