Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts." Colossians 3:15 (NIV)


"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts." Colossians 3:15 (NIV)

I woke up late. (Every day this week)
My cars keep breaking on me.
I can't follow my budget. (Taco bell calls my name too much)
We have no "emergency fund" yet, but keep on needing it.
I'm unhappy in my "career" right now.

I get stressed out. I get frustrated. I cry when I'm stressed and/or frustrated.
I've been crying a lot lately.

Then I read this verse. 

Yea, yea, I know, DUH! Everyone knows "Pray about it, give it to God, don't worry about such things." 

But they never tell you how hard it is to REMEMBER to do these things in the immediate moment. That I'm pretty sure it takes practice. and a lot of forgetting. and a lot of stress and actual physical pain to remember "oh, yes, HEY GOD! Can you please come into this situation and give me peace? calm my hurting heart? guide me in my next steps?"

Anywho, In the process of trying to find a car to drive/buy with my $0 of money, I got physically sick wondering how in the world I'm going to afford a car payment. So, while sitting at work on the verge of tears and in "stress" pain, I prayed. I prayed for the pain to go away, for the situation to turn out ok, and for things to get a little bit easier. And it did. A relative has a car they are selling to me on a really nice payment plan :) 

So I don't have the car quite yet, BUT I remembered to pray for peace, for the peace of Christ, to rule in MY heart, and things got better. That was my jewel for the day.

Will I remember the next time a situation occurs to pray about it before I let myself get stressed or frustrated? Probably not. But I hope overtime I will remember to pray earlier and earlier. Christians do not need to worry, fear, stress, or get frustrated, because we have a wonderful Heavenly Father who is always watching over us, guiding us on His path for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment