Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Never stop praying." 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NLT)

How many times have you prayed today? I certainly do not keep track, however I know I could do better.


Prayers do not need to be long, do not need to be full of 'beautiful' words, or be said in a certain place/at a certain time.


I could be praying as I'm typing, driving in the car, listening to music, cleaning my house, etc.


Prayer is needed. Prayer is necessary. Prayer is NOT complicated. God knows your problems before you do, so there isn't much explaining needed. 


Short, sweet, and simple. 


Never cease praying. It's like talking to your best friend. He wants to hear what you have to say. He wants to know you, to have a relationship with you. Pray to Him, then listen to what He has planned for you, and watch for your prayers to be answered.


<3


I'll admit it. I don't pray a lot. I have good days full of prayer, and then I can go a couple days without thinking about it. Lately I have been doing pretty well with prayer. It helps me in my WeighDown journey. But I still can improve. A lot. So don't worry if you don't feel you have the perfect prayer life. It's a work in progress. Jesus still loves you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment