Monday, March 12, 2012

Inadequacy

In Sunday's message, it was mentioned that the closer you get to following God's plan, the more inadequate you tend to feel.


I'm assuming it's because you are following God's plan, which is not necessarily your plan.


Billy and I went to our first youth group event yesterday. For those of you who do not know, here's the background:


[[[ Billy made me go to church in late 2008. I became a true believer in early 2010. We both attended his church in his hometown. (30 minutes from where we lived) We both were highly involved in teaching the children. Billy has always felt drawn to youth group, it's what got him in to the church. In late 2011, we were approached by the church I grew up in, they were looking for 2 people to take over the youth group. Well, apparently God's plan was to take us out of our comfort at our current church, and have us jump in to training to be youth leaders. ]]]


Anyways, inadequacy. I'm feeling it. There is so much I don't know, so much I need to learn about the kids, about the church, so much to learn and grow in my relationship with God. I'm hoping this means I am doing what God wants me to do. I don't want to let these kids down. 


I'll expand more on this in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment