Monday, April 2, 2012

The Four Week Organizing Challenge!



I'm going to attempt my first-ever blog challenge. It may be completely un-interesting to most, but we shall see. Organizing is one of my favorite things :)



Day 1 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great 
::Complete your morning routine 
::Set the timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up the main living areas of your home.
::Clean out your purse and/or diaper bag.
::Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.
**********
I work full time. But I did choose to put on my favorite black pants, and a pretty pink scarf. It's dressy enough for work, but oh so comfy, and that makes me feel great.
Goals for this week::
1. Set up a Facebook page for the youth group
2. Watch Groundswell
3. E-mail some people about the Salt n Light Youth Rally
4. Blog each day
5. Make plans with Lori, Sam, and Sarah :)

I have a simple morning routine, which is to sleep in as late as possible, shower, and get ready for work. I'm following the WeighDown program, and I'm never hungry for breakfast, so that saves quite a bit of time.
I did not set a timer, I did however take the 45 minutes I had before Billy got home to clean up the entire house. I put away the folded clothes, threw a load of laundry in, cleaned up the bathroom, scrubbed the stove and counters in the kitchen, and cleaned up/vacuumed the downstairs living room. Billy walked in and said "whoa, it's cleaner" <3
I did not need to clean out my purse too much, because I did yesterday when my mom commented about how overly full/messy it was. I did however take some odds and ends out that I don't ever use.
Not going to lie, I didn't do the 7 items to get rid of. I have a basket in my closet I add to as I find things I no longer need. It's full. I see a trip to Salvation Army in my near future.
Sorry there are NO pictures today. I will try my best to improve on that for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment